Since its founding in 2004, Solair Group has grown into the global premier full service supplier of low cost Maintenance Tooling and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) for all types of aircraft. We offer a broad range of in-house manufactured and sourced maintenance tooling products along with full service technical support, repairs, equipment leasing, recertification and calibration services to leading Airline, MRO and military customers across the globe.
The Company has recognized over 20% growth each year for the last 4 years. In 2015, the Company's growth and excellent reputation attracted the attention of strategic investors who have provided Solair with the capital needed to invest in additional people, systems and equipment to further accelerate our growth.
Solair is a fast paced, high growth company with a team culture of excellence, innovation, collaboration, hard work and superior customer service. We are seeking several individuals to join our team who share our values and can help us grow faster and achieve our collective goals.
The new Repairs and Calibration Technician will join one of the top Aerospace manufacturing teams in the industry. The Solair team functions as a collaborative unit where achievement of both individual and team goals are rewarded. Reporting directly to the COO, the Repairs and Calibration Technician will be responsible for:
• Adjust, repair, or replace defective units based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents, using hand tools.
• Calibrate installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
• Perform evaluation and failure analysis of equipment.
• Inspect units for missing, damaged or non-conforming parts and documenting the results of the inspection.
• Perform teardowns, overhaul and functional testing of various repair station products and items.
• Provide and input data into the repair station operating system software.
• Perform limited but specialized machining, welding, hydrostatic testing, and handling of electrical components.
• Record and document work performed in accordance with ISO requirements and company procedures.
• Keep tools in usable condition including the set-up, safety and use of electronic leak detection equipment.
Solair is not a "typical" company. We look for extraordinary individuals with a collaborative style, a passion for the industry and a strong work ethic who can work effectively in a high growth, fast paced environment. The successful Repair Technician will have the following additional characteristics:
• Team focus - works effectively as part of a team to achieve overall goals. Supports other team members and expects other team members to support him/her.
• Goal oriented - effective in setting and achieving or exceeding aggressive targets.
• Adaptable - can work effectively with different personality types and styles.
• Experienced - comfortable and effective in a manufacturing environment; demonstrated track record in achieving and exceeding departmental goals.
• Communication & Interpersonal skills - strong communication and interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate Repair findings to senior management.
• Self-Managing - effective at working independently; does not require someone to tell him/her what to do.
• Ability to read and interpret company documents including safety rules, operating / manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures.
• Ability to work with blueprints and assembly drawings.
• Ability to operate specialized machining, welding, hydrostatic testing, and handling of gasses.
• Ability and experience working with electrical components and comfortable handling all things electrical.
• Ability to use hand tools and light machinery as required.
• Ability to perform simple mathematics.
• Prior experience as a Repair Technician and/or Inspector in the aerospace industry preferred.
• Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) license or Repairman Certificate is preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Associates Degree or higher in Electronics or Electronics Technology preferred, or equivalent military education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of overall repair technician experience with a demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding expectations.
• Ability to travel when required for onsite customer repairs.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to live and work in the US.
• Fluency in English is a must.