The industrial painter is responsible for applying paint, varnishes, and similar coatings to materials such as metals, wood, and plastics. He or she is expected to be knowledgeable in a variey of techniques to apply paint, including sprays, rollers, and brushes.
In addition to painting, the associate is also responsible for cleaning and preparing the surface to be painted, removing previous finishes by sandblasting or other methods and cleaning the area after each step of preparation and painting has been completed.
Some of the Industrial Painter tasks include, but are not limited to:
* Paint and apply finishing coats in accordance to blueprints and/or customer specifications.
* Set-up and maintain work areas and operate painting equipment in accordance to safety procedures.
* Record and report working hours and material usage.
* Maintain clean work areas, tool repair, and equipment inventory.
* Inspect paint jobs and materials, adjusting colors and fixing defects.